OeSD has committed itself to continuously improving the environmental situation in the company and factors in environmentally friendly, progressive technologies for the sustainable handling of energy and water resources, materials and consumables from planning to production and despatch.
Taking into account the financial framework conditions and the technological options, measures are taken to protect the environment from avoidable adverse effects.
Our environmental protection principles:
- We regard social responsibility as a fundamental component of sustainability. For us, social responsibility means the obligation to act responsibly and ethically wherever we do business.
- We constantly check the environmental effects of operating OeSD and define our environmental goals on the basis of this.
- We take purposeful measures to avoid possible environmental hazards. The regular evaluation of environmental risks is integrated into OeSD’s risk management.
- We minimise environmental risks with careful staff training and undertake process changes and investments as necessary.
- We inform all interested parties openly and actively about environmental matters in line with the basic principles of the company.
- We commit ourselves to maintaining an environmental management system and subject ourselves to ongoing checks by independent assessors.
- We use resources consciously and sparingly. Special attention is paid here to the issue of energy. We work constantly at improving our energy efficiency.
- We aspire to a high degree of safety, health and environmental protection and regard the statutory framework conditions merely as a minimum requirement.